New research from TripAdvisor has revealed that timing is everything when it comes to booking a holiday.
Scores of Brummies will be jetting off from Birmingham Airport this summer.
And, promisingly, travellers can make average savings of 19% on their summer break simply by booking their flights and hotel at specific periods in the year.
The report showed that, depending on where you are headed, you can reap the rewards by making your bookings just a few months before the trip.
Budapest proved to offer some of the best deals, with holidaymakers saving 35% when they secured their flights and hotel three months in advance, as the Mirror reports.
Meanwhile, if you’re thinking of exploring Barcelona or Istanbul, then you should aim to book within five months of your departure date, as you could stand to save up to 33% – and if Dubai is on your wishlist, booking within six months could leave you saving 24%.
Thinking of spending your summer travelling around Asia?
Booking your hotels within three months of your trip could help you secure up to 14% off the average summer hotel rate, at its peak price.
Ideal if you’re on a budget!
TripAdvisor also revealed the least expensive times to book a holiday to some of the world’s most popular cities – so we’ve picked our top ten to find out how many months before your trip you should be booking to get the best deals.
1. Prague: book three to seven months ahead and you could save up to 24%.
2. Paris: book within two months of your trip and you save up to 23%.
3. Hong Kong: book within five months of your trip and you could save up to 23%.
4. Rome: book four to eight months ahead and you could save up to 21%.
5. Rio de Janeiro: book six to seven months ahead and you could save up to 21%.
6. Marrakech: book four to six months ahead and you could save up to 20%.
7. Bangkok: book within six months of your trip and you could save up to 19%.
8. Cape Town: book within four months of your trip and you could save up to 18%.
9. Buenos Aires: book within six months of your trip and you could save up to 16%.
10. Cancun: book within four months of your trip and you could save up to 11%.