CHICAGO, IL — Looking for a retail job during the upcoming holiday season? Target announced plans to hire approximately 100,000 seasonal team members across the nation to work in stores, distribution centers or fulfilling online orders. This week’s announcement is part of the company’s efforts to provide an exceptional shopping experience and ensure Target’s 1,816 stores will be staffed to serve consumers this holiday season.
Approximately 2,500 seasonal positions are available in the Chicago area, with an additional 4,500 positions available throughout Illinois. Target also plans to hire 4,500 team members at the company’s distribution and fulfillment centers to replenish products in stores and fulfill digital sales throughout the season. To accelerate seasonal staffing, Target will be hosting hiring events at all stores nationwide from Friday, Oct. 13 through Sunday, Oct. 15. The events will take place at each of the company’s 1,816 stores from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. Interested candidates will have the opportunity to meet directly with Target store leaders. Eligible applicants may also be granted interviews on the spot and receive a conditional job offer during the weekend events.
Target stores in the local area include:
- 15850 S. 94th Ave., Orland Park
- 7300 191st St., Tinley Park
- 5071 Cal Sag Road, Crestwood
- 4120 95th St, Oak Lawn
- 7100 S. Cicero Ave., Bedford City Square
The 100,000 seasonal team members will fill a variety of roles across stores, distribution and fulfillment centers, including:
- Store team members will ensure stores are well stocked, help guests discover Target’s exclusive brands and anything else they need to complete their holiday shopping lists.
- As the company continues to grow its Order Pickup service and ship-from-store capabilities, team members will fulfill online orders at stores.
- Team members at Target’s distribution and fulfillment centers will process freight to stores and fulfill Target.com orders, including receiving, picking and loading to ensure products reach guests quickly.
Target offers team members opportunities to grow professionally and other benefits, including:
- Market-competitive wages.
- A 10-percent merchandise discount at Target and Target.com
- An additional 20-percent merchandise wellness discount for fruits and vegetables and all Simply Balanced and C9 merchandise.
- A variety of schedules that allow team members to work various hours.
- Some seasonal positions may evolve into permanent jobs.
Candidates for Target’s seasonal positions can apply today in advance at TargetSeasonalJobs.com. Store leaders will conduct pre-scheduled interviews with applicants and discuss Target’s dynamic, team-oriented culture. Similar to previous years, current Target team members across the country will have the opportunity to increase their hours during the holiday season.
Thanks for your feedback! Now share it with your friends!
Thanks for your feedback.
Originally published September 14, 2017.